Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tea Time Tuesday: Welcome!

 
Welcome to Tea Time Tuesday!
 
This is a new series of blog posts to share my love of tea and some discoveries I am making as I dive more into that love. (And honestly, what goes better with books than a nice cup of tea?)
 
 
 
So yes welcome everyone! Before I get too carried away with these posts I wanted to give you a little background as well as a little bit of what to expect from these posts every other Tuesday.
 
I have always enjoyed tea for as long as I can remember, both iced tea and hot tea. Some of my earliest memories of tea included the classic tea parties with my stuffed animals (which often included fruit loop crumpets), my mom also used to make a Russian tea mix (at least that is what we always called it) for when we were sick and it always made me feel better, and also sitting around the table with my best friend and her mom enjoying tea in beautiful china cups.
 
Over the years I have continued to enjoy random cups of tea, but a few years ago I discovered this wonderful little restaurant near me called Tree House Tavern (at the time it was actually called Ferns and Flowers).  This little bistro has a huge tea list, I had never been to a place that offered anything but your normal teabag options, this place however offered 6 pages of teas! It has become one of my guilty pleasures, I take all my friends there when we need a good chat or if they come long distances to visit.  The most wonderful thing is that you can purchase tea to take home (which I have done and I will have a more thorough posting about it at another time).
 
So a visit to this one little bistro threw the doors open to a whole new world of tea for me. Not only have I been experimenting with a wide variety of teabag brands and flavors but now I have also started with a variety of loose teas.  I had mentioned this in a swap a year or so ago and my partner sent me a variety of loose tea samplers, and on the packaging it told me about the proper brewing process for the various teas. So there you go, I am still learning new and wonderful things about tea and I can't wait to share them all with you and hopefully hear about your own love of tea!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment