Thursday, January 14, 2016

After Dark Review of Addicted to the Bite by Leigh Wilder

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Mount TBR Digital & Series Challenge
 
 
Synopsis: "After one night of passion with Damian, Jamie-boy has decided pursuing a relationship with the vampire is better than committing suicide. Damian, master vampire of the city of New Franklin, PA, has a lot on his plate. A mysterious vampire is dumping drained bodies in public places all over town, and werewolf cop Detective Julie Nova is on his back about it. He doesn't have time to deal with over-eager Jamie-boy.

Jamie-boy is determined to get what he wants--sex and pain--but to look elsewhere could mean death.

This is an erotic m/m (gay) novelette. It contains blood play, violence, and explicit sex between 2 men."


My Review: So I guess the whole series are just going to be super short books. It doesn't give much time to expand on the characters or the storyline. Again I am horribly disappointed with Jamie, he is so wishy washy that I have no respect for him. Damian's character is developing nicely though, there is much more depth there and at least he is participating in an actual storyline.
 
 
My Rating: This was an okay book, short, steamy and violent with some irritating characters and some okay characters. It may not be exactly what I was looking for though. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment