Saturday, January 2, 2016

Graphic Novel Review of The Clouds Above by Jordan Crane

 
Synopsis: "The Clouds Above is a rip-roaring adventure about a kid named Simon, who skips school one day with his cat, Jack. They climb a magic staircase leading skyward, encounter a sad cloud named Perch and get mixed up in a conflict involving him, some nasty storm clouds and an irritable flock of birds. Will they make back home safely in time for school tomorrow?"

My Review: This was a spur of the moment purchase, and it was cute. It would be a great intro to graphic novels for someone who wants to read one that isn't about super heroes. I really enjoyed the pastel colors used, it really added to the element of imagination in the book. It was a fun adventure for Simon and Jack but in the end you are almost left wondering if it was all a daydream while in class or if he did go on this adventure in the clouds. With all that said though, it just didn't capture me like I had hoped it would.
 
 
My Rating: I don't know why but I just didn't click with this book, it was cute with pretty pastel artwork, a little boy, his cat and clouds but it just left me wanting something more out of it. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment