Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Re-Read Review of Rikki Tikki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling

Read for: Re-Read Challenge
 
Synopsis: "A courageous mongoose becomes the loyal pet of a small boy named Teddy, and protects him and his family from two evil cobras who live in their garden."

My Review: I remember reading this book in elementary school and wanted to re-read it in case Munchkin gets to read it someday too. It was much shorter than I remember but just as intense of a story. It is a great introduction to a different culture and area of the world. I really enjoyed this book yet again and the animal personalities were each so unique and added so much to the story. As I did when I was a kid, I now want a mongoose of my own!
 
My Rating: It is always fun to revisit these books that were required reading back in school, especially the ones you remember but don't quite remember all the details. I give this one a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment