Friday, September 25, 2015

Bedtime Story: Octonauts and the Undersea Eruption

Read for: Children's Books
 
Synopsis: "In this adorable 8 x 8 book, the Octopod has discovered a fiery volcano at the bottom of an ocean trench. It’s an undersea emergency—everybody needs to get out, and fast! But will there be time to save three floating Blobfish before the big blast?"

My Review: I picked this up for Munchkin because he really enjoys the Octonauts TV show. I must say that I may never pick up another book based on a TV show that we have seen. They just take the episodes and put them in the book, almost word for word and with the exact same images. My little gripe aside, Munchkin really enjoyed this book (even though we have seen the episode many times). He loved Bob, Bob and Bob the blobfish. It would definitely be a great book if you were familiar with the show but didn't have to watch it endlessly.
 
My Rating: While this is a fun book, it copies the episode exactly. There was nothing new for the little fans and no extra imagination.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment