Thursday, September 24, 2015

After Dark Review of Lumberjack in Love by Penny Watson

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Read for: Mount TBR & Reading Across the States
 
 
Synopsis: "City slicker Ami Jordan was just dumped by her back-stabbing boyfriend, has no job prospects, and can't find a decent cup of coffee in the entire state of Vermont. The last thing she needs is a sexy, bearded lumberjack complicating her life. Even if he’s smart, talented, and has the hottest ass she’s ever seen.

Tree house builder, environmental champion, and Bulldog owner Marcus Anderson has no patience for flatlanders with an attitude. But when landscape designer Ami Jordan shows up at his log cabin, he suddenly develops a hankering for a high-maintenance city gal. Now his house looks like a jungle, his recycling is in disarray, and his libido's on fire.

He's a lumberjack in love."


My Review: This was a fun and quick read. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it was rather entertaining. You really jump right in without getting to know the characters much but you learn a little as you go. I enjoyed the back and forth banter between Ami and Marcus. Being from RI, I do hear about the, I guess you would call it a feud, between Boston city-folk and the VT small town mountain folk, though it is friendly for the most part. The story moves a long quickly (almost a little too fast at times) but is a great book if you are looking for a quick read. And this one will definitely keep you warm as we head into fall and winter.
 
 
My Rating: This was a fun, quick, steamy romance to keep you warm in the winter. I had fun reading this book, even though it was lacking in some areas. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

2 comments:

  1. I like the cover and even if it isn't perfect, I think it sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the cover was great, it was one of the things that attracted me to it. It was cute, not perfect but a fun read, and honestly isn't that what reading is all about?!

      Delete