Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fun with Munchkin: Galaxy Playdough

I have decided to add a new post to my list of things that could happen on the weekends.  As part of my resolutions for 2015, I wanted to do more fun things with Munchkin and as a family.  I will be posting sporadically about some of the fun adventures we are having together.
 
 
 
So as I think I have mentioned before, Munchkin has decided he wants to be an astronaut.  As a result we will be having a space/astronaut themed birthday party for him. As part of the favor bags I thought I would make this galaxy playdough I found. I remembered my mom making playdough for me and my brother when we were kids all the time but I had never made it before. So I thought we could run a test batch first. I cut the recipe in half and it still made a bunch!
 
 
Cooling off on the counter
 
I took it all outside to mix the glitter into it, because loose glitter in my house has become a major pet peeve since becoming a parent.  I dumped the glitter into the playdough and let Munchkin go to town, he had a blast (and honestly so did I and even my mother-in-law).
 
 
 
 
 
The playdough came out so great, the food dye didn't stain hands, clothes or the parchment paper, and once the glitter was worked into the dough it didn't come out either.  Now we just have to test its staying power before making a couple big batches to giveaway to his friends.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Awesomeness! I'm glad the dye and glitter is staying put. The kids are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heck I am loving it! The playdough is nearly 2 weeks old and still soft!

      Delete