Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Audio Book Review of Classic Love Poems

 
Synopsis: "For anyone who's in love - or hopes to be - what greater celebration could there be than to hear the world's greatest love poetry read lovingly by Richard Armitage? With 15 poems by William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and more, Classic Love Poems is a listening treat for Valentine's Day - or any day.

Included in this collection are:
• "How do I love thee?" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
• "Sonnet 116" by William Shakespeare
• "Annabel Lee" by Edgar Allan Poe
• "To Be One with Each Other" by George Eliot
• "Maud" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
• "To His Coy Mistress" by Andrew Marvell
• "Bright Star" by John Keats
• "Love's Philosophy" by Percy Bysshe Shelley
• 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
• "Meeting at Night" by Robert Browning
• "The Dream" by Edna St. Vincent Millay
• "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" by Christopher Marlowe
• "I carry your heart" by e. e. cummings
• "She Walks in Beauty" by Lord Byron
• "Give All to Love" by Ralph Waldo Emerson""



My Review: This was on of those freebies from Audible and I definitely would have paid for it. It had a beautiful variety of love poems for all tastes. The narrator definitely really made this one too, I can't quite place his accent but it just added another beautiful element to the poetry. His phrasing was also spot on, something that I find lacking when I listen to poetry a lot of times. It was without a doubt perfect and something I will return to often!
 
My Rating: I really do go far too long between reading poetry, and this collection was fantastic. Granted I had read or heard many of them before but it never hurts to return to them. I loved the poems and the narration so I can't give it less than Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment