Thursday, July 16, 2015

After Dark Review of Wolf with Benefits by Shelly Laurenston

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Series Challenge & Mount TBR
 
 
Synopsis: "Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?

Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for…"



My Review: Well this was a little bit of a disappointment, after building so much steam for the series long storyline of the shifter hunters this book completely jumps off topic. In Wolf with Benefits we focus on a little known sub-character from the series and a whole new character, species and family. Not only that but we have to deal with annoying self centered little brats and a whole new, and rather unnecessary, storyline. I really don't care about the Russian shifter hockey negotiations that this book is so focused on. Maybe a couple of minor events will be tied back into the main storyline but for the most part it feels like this entire book was a waste of my time. I didn't really enjoy the characters and I know I didn't enjoy the story, it was all just so pointless. I must say I am glad that there is only one more book out to push myself through to finish.
 
 
My Rating: I am not really sure what the point of this book was in the series but it was really disappointing for me. I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment