Thursday, June 25, 2015

After Dark Review of Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Series Challenge and Mount TBR
 
Synopsis: "When it comes to following her instincts, former Marine Dee-Ann Smith never holds back. And this deadly member of a shifter protection group will do anything to prove one of her own kind is having hybrids captured for dogfights. Trouble is, her too-cute rich-boy boss Ric Van Holtz insists on helping out. And his crazy-like-a-fox smarts and charming persistence are making it real hard for Dee to keep her heart safe...

Ric can't believe his luck. He's wanted this fiercely-independent she-wolf from day one, but he never expected teamwork as explosive as this. And now is his last chance to show Dee what she needs isn't some in-your-face Alpha male-but a wily, resourceful wolf who'll always have her back in a fight…and between the sheets."


My Review: I enjoyed this book in the series. The characters Ric and Dee Ann seem to have a little more depth to them and it was enjoyable to get to know them a little better. I am still having a slight issue with bringing in characters from another series without having read that series before. There was also a lot more 'story' to this one and the bedroom scenes didn't take over everything. It just seemed like Big Bad Beast had more substance to it than the previous books. A little more behind the scenes action has also been brought forward to add more story lines and clear up some things mentions in previous books.
 
My Rating:  I rather enjoyed this book and the almost love/hate relationship between the characters. It was also great to actually be able to enjoy more of a storyline movement as opposed to just the bedroom scenes.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws.


No comments:

Post a Comment