Friday, May 22, 2015

Bedtime Story: The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen

 
Synopsis: "Deep in the water,
Mr. Fish swims about
With his fish face stuck
In a permanent pout.

Can his pals cheer him up?
Will his pout ever end?
Is there something he can learn
From an unexpected friend?

Swim along with the pout-pout fish as he discovers that being glum and spreading “dreary wearies” isn’t really his destiny. Bright ocean colors and playful rhyme come together in this fun fish story that’s sure to turn even the poutiest of frowns upside down."



My Review: This was a great book, I never would have picked it up if it hadn't made so many must read/ favorite lists but I am sure glad I got it. The rhyming and rhythm of the story make it fun to read and also helped Munchkin catch on and remember the words. He loves the Blub Bluub Bluuub part. We have already had to re-read it many times and even read it to my little niece via Skype. This is definitely a fun book to read and one to consider adding to your shelves.
 
My Rating: This has quickly become a favorite story in our house. Pout-Pout fish is often referred to in regular conversation. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd like this one. I'm quite the pouter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it is such a cute and fun book with a great rhythm that you can't help but get into. We are also able to use Pout Pout as an example, if Munchkin is pouting for no reason or just being plain grumpy I ask him if he is being a Pout Pout fish and if he needs a smooch smooch. It is an instant mood changer and he is soon giggling away again.

      Delete