Thursday, April 9, 2015

After Dark Review of The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Synopsis: "Some things are so worth waiting for. Like the moment when Jessica Ward "accidentally" bumps into Bobby Ray Smith and shows him just how far she's come since high school. Back then, Jess' gangly limbs and bruised heart turned to jelly any time Smitty's "all the better to ravish you with" body came near her. So, some things haven't changed. Except now Jess is a success on her own terms. And she can enjoy a romp - or twenty - with a big, bad wolf and walk away. Easy.

The sexy, polished CEO who hires Smitty's security firm might be a million miles from the lovable geek he knew, but her kiss, her touch, is every bit as hot as he imagined. Jess was never the kind to ask for help, and she doesn't want it now, not even with someone targeting her Pack. But Smitty's not going to turn tail and run. Not before proving that their sheet-scorching animal lust is only the start of something even wilder..."


My Review: As when I originally read the book in 2011, it was so much better than the first book in the series. The characters and plot lines were much more developed. We didn't spend the vast majority of the book in the bedroom (though it was visited a few times) so it felt like there was some real substance to the story. There was also great foreshadowing for the next books and introduction of more characters who deserve their own novels. Speaking of characters, there was such a wide range of personalities in this book that there is someone for every reader to connect with and it made the interactions so much fun.

My Rating: This book was so much better, there was more story action and less bed action (not that it is a bad thing but I need more to my books). I give this one a rating of Four Paws!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment