Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review of Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus by Kate O'Hearn

 
Synopsis: "Reborn as the Flame, Emily has saved Olympus from destruction. The Olympic flame now burns strong, and peace has been restored. But not for long ...When the gruesome Nirads begin a new invasion, Emily and her friends become entangled in the conflict as old grudges are unearthed and new enemies are discovered. And all the while, Emily yearns for her father, still a prisoner of the sinister CRU, somewhere in New York. Join Emily astride the magnificent winged-stallion, Pegasus, as she embarks on a new flight of adventure through worlds both old and new."


My Review: I enjoyed this book, though it got a little slow at times. While it is clear that it is for a young adult audience, at times the content seemed really dark to me, a lot of violence, torture, imprisonment, black mail and manipulation. With that said it is obvious that there was a lot of adventure and action within the story. I must say I became a big fan of Tange and was rather astonished at the ending. I will definitely be reading the next books.
 
My Rating: This second book in the series didn't capture my attention quite like the previous books did but it was still interesting. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment