Saturday, June 21, 2014

Graphic Novel Review of Birds of Prey Vol. 1: Trouble in Mind by Duane Swierczynski

 
Synopsis: "One is wanted for a murder she didn't commit. The other is on the run because she knows too much. They are Dinah Laurel Lance and Ev Crawford - a.k.a. Black Canary and Starling - and joining them are the villainous Poison Ivy and the heroic Batgirl and together, as Gotham City's covert ops team, they're taking down the villains other heroes can't touch. They are the Birds of Prey."

My Review: I guess this would be considered a classic super hero graphic novel, however it features all female super heroes. I did find myself a little confused because I wasn't familiar with all of them and even though this was Volume 1 I feel like there is more of a backstory going on and maybe I should have read something else ahead of time to become more familiar with each of the lead roles. I do love the idea that none of them are perfect and that they are creating an all female power team.
 
My Rating: For some one who hasn't been reading super hero graphic novels all their lives it was difficult to follow this story since I wasn't familiar with the characters already.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.


No comments:

Post a Comment