Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 2014 Challenge Update

We are nearing the halfway point of the year and better make sure everything is on track.  I was lucky enough to be able to ride the wave of motivation coming off Dewey's Readathon and then again take advantage of the Bout of Books Readathon.
 
So here we go:
 
 
Mental Illness Advocacy Challenge
Holy cow! I think I completed this challenge.  One of the books (Dependent) was a requested review but really seemed to suit this challenge so I am counting it.  I do still have at least one more I would like to read.
3. Dependent (not one of the official books but seems to fit)
 
 
Series Challenge
Definitely took advantage of that week long readathon to make progress here. I have now managed to complete 5 series (at least for now - Rose Harbor may have another book coming out in August) which means this Challenge is Complete! I will continue to read more series though I have at least 3 more I want to finish reading this year!
 
Series #1: Harry Potter - Book 1
Series #2: Secret of the Unicorn Queen - Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4, Book 5, Book 6 - Series Complete!
Series #3: Rose Harbor - Book 1, Book 1.5, Book 2 - Complete for Now
Series #4: Firebrand - Book #1, Book #2, Book #3 - Series Complete!
Series #5: Gifted Series - Book #1, Book #2, Book #3 - Series Complete!
Series #6: Master of the Mountain - Book 1, Book 1.5, Book 2, Book 2.5, Book 3, Book 4 - Series Complete (for now, I am sure there will be more books but none are set to release this year).
Series #7: Dakota Series -  Book 1
Series #8: Vampire Warrior Kings Series - Book 1, Book 2, Book 3 - Series Complete!
Series #9: Firelight Series - Book 1
 
 
 
Audio Book Challenge
Kind of started catching up again on this one, using the audiobooks to read while I craft is starting to take hold, but I need Munchkin to stay asleep so I don't get interrupted. I have a couple I plan to listen to this month. (note to self, figure out how to use Audible on phone so I can listen outside in the evenings).
4. We Bought a Zoo - in progress
 
 
Graphic Novel Challenge
I was ahead of the game last month so decided to lay low this month and only read one. I have a couple planned for this next month.
10. Relish
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mount TBR
Again I took advantage of the readathon and momentum to really push through some of these old books that I have had waiting. I need to finish at least 3 or 4 more this month to stay on my time frame.
 
3. Beauty
23. Hot as Hades
24.  Witch Song
25. War Horse
26. Show-Off
27. Track Record
28. Tithe
29. Life Lessons from a Ranch Horse
30. Ophelia
31. Dakota Born
32. My Liege of Dark Haven
33. Firelight
34. Perfect Match


 

Erotica Challenge
 
Only read a couple this month but I am ahead of schedule anyway.  I have at least 3 lined up for this next month and then another whole series downloaded for the summer so no worries about this challenge.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 After last months slow down it is really nice to see myself picking up the pace again this month. Thank goodness for readathons and those extra pushes to keep on reading! My Goodreads challenge is out of control, I have nearly reached my original goal of 156 at 146 books and we aren't even halfway through the year yet, so I have had to increase the challenge to 208. That new goal puts me at 60 books ahead of schedule.
 
 
How are your challenges going? Are you finding you are focusing on any one particular challenge first or just working on them all at once?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment