Monday, April 28, 2014

Dewey Readathon Wrap Up

Boy was Saturday a long day of reading, but a lot of fun! I wish I could have gotten more reading done but am happy with how much I did get done. Of all the readathons I have participated in this was the most successful.
 
 
Books finished: Flight, Hades, Count to 10 with a Mouse, Biscuit Loves the Library, Welcome to Trucktown, The Gruffalo, The Bippolo Seed & Other stories, and The Legendary Yoda, Birds of Prey, 5 Minute Disney Pixar Stories
 
Total of pages read: 1326
 
Running total of time spent reading: 11 hours
 
Which hour was most daunting for you?  I think between hours 8-10 got the hardest for me, I was struggling with the books I was planning to read and lost my momentum.
 
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I loved the Graphic Novels, they were quick reads that kept the pages turning. There are different styles of GNs for everyone. I read Flight which was an anthology style, Birds of Prey is a classic super hero, and Hades was a mythology re-told.
 
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? can't think of anything than you are already trying to improve.
 
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The mini challenges were great, and there was a lot of interaction on Twitter.
 
How many books did you read? 10
 
What were the names of the books you read? Flight, Hades, Count to 10 with a Mouse, Biscuit Loves the Library, Welcome to Trucktown, The Gruffalo, The Bippolo Seed & Other stories, and The Legendary Yoda, Birds of Prey, 5 Minute Disney Pixar Stories, The Mozart Season, How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini & Doms of Dark Haven 2
 
Which book did you enjoy most? Flight or Hades, I also enjoyed Doms of Dark Haven 2
 
Which did you enjoy least? How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini (it wasn't quite what the synopsis said) or The Mozart Season (it was a print book with really tiny text)
 
If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't but I don't think any official cheerleaders stopped by, mostly just blogging friends so that was kind of a disappointment
 
How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would like to participate again, I just hope that the weather is better next time so Munchkin can go outside, and goodness I need him to be healthy. I would like to read again, but think I would make a few changes for myself (maybe try an audio book and go for a walk).

No comments:

Post a Comment