Thursday, January 2, 2014

After Dark Review of Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Two strangers…

Makenna James thinks her day can't get any worse, until she finds herself stranded in a pitch-black elevator with a complete stranger. Distracted by a phone call, the pin-striped accountant catches only a glimpse of a dragon tattoo on his hand before the lights go out.

Four hours…

Caden Grayson is amused when a harried redhead dashes into his elevator fumbling her bags and cell phone. His amusement turns to panic when the power fails. Despite his piercings, tats, and vicious scar, he's terrified of the dark and confined spaces. Now, he's trapped in his own worst nightmare.

One pitch-black elevator…

To fight fear, they must reach out and open up. With no preconceived notions based on looks to hold them back, they discover just how much they have in common. In the warming darkness, attraction grows and sparks fly, but will they feel the same when the lights come back on?"


My Review: I LOVED this story! Yes you saw that correctly all caps. I loved the concept of the story, I loved the characters, and especially how the tension continued to build all through the story. I a lot of times it seems the authors feel the need to cut some to of the tension but not Ms. Kaye, she just kept adding more and more in all varieties. I definitely want more of both Makenna and Caden, they are fantastic characters with so much background and vitality, I want to go to the bar or have a BBQ and hang out with them. It was a quick but oh so enjoyable read and one I will be suggesting often.
 
My Rating: So yea, I really loved this book (not to mention others by her as well) so how can I give it any less than Four Paws and a Stump Wag!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment