Saturday, June 22, 2013

Graphic Novel Review of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Synopsis: "Captain Nemo! The Invisible Man! Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde! Intrepid explorer Allan Quatermain! These and other amazing heroes of the Victorian age unite to save the world in Alan Moore's legendary tale, the inspiration for the 2003 Sean Connery film."

My Review: This was a little bit of a disappointment to me. I wasn't able to finish reading it and you would expect to be able to push through a short graphic novel but I couldn't force myself. You have to be very familiar with all the characters from other stories already because you don't really get an introduction to them. There is a lot going on and the images are so tiny you can't really see what exactly is going on. Also there was a whole page in Arabic (I think) that wasn't translated so that added even further to my confusion. Sad to say it was a loss for me.
 
My Rating: Yup so couldn't finish this one. I have come to the conclusion that its not worth wasting my time when there are so many other books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment