Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review of Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

Here was all of your choice for Young Adult during my Spend My Money event in January!
 
Synopsis: "Red-hot author Miranda Kenneally hits one out of the park in this return to Catching Jordan's Hundred Oaks High.

Parker Shelton pretty much has the perfect life. She’s on her way to becoming valedictorian at Hundred Oaks High, she’s made the all-star softball team, and she has plenty of friends. Then her mother’s scandal rocks their small town and suddenly no one will talk to her.

Now Parker wants a new life.

So she quits softball. Drops twenty pounds. And she figures why kiss one guy when she can kiss three? Or four. Why limit herself to high school boys when the majorly cute new baseball coach seems especially flirty?

But how far is too far before she loses herself completely?"


My Review: Well Stealing Parker wasn't really what I was expecting. It turned out to be a very religious book revolving around the church, prayer and sinning. There were a lot of other themes but it kind of bugged me how religious it was when I wasn't expecting it. I really have to be in the right mood for that kind of book to enjoy it. As a result I ended up not being a huge fan of many of the characters. I did end up really loving Drew and Will and Parker's mom. After reading and absolutely loving Catching Jordan, I was kind of expecting a lot more sports talk and involvement but it really seemed to take a back seat to all of Parker's relationship drama. Unfortunately this was a little bit of a disappointment for me :(
 
My Rating: Stealing Parker really through me off, maybe if I had been prepared for such a strong religious aspect I would have enjoyed it more but it just felt like it kept getting shoved in my face over and over again. I feel like it kind of took away from some of the other messages in the book.  I unfortunately give it a rating of Two Paws.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about the religious aspect until I read a couple reviews, but I still am very much interested in seeing how Kenneally handles the whole thing. Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as Catching Jordan!

    ReplyDelete