Thursday, October 11, 2012

After Dark Review of Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan


I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 

 

Synopsis: "A wildlife release mission in Africa turns deadly when the convoy is hijacked by smugglers, and veterinarian Clare Delaney is taken hostage. Terrified for her life and her animals, the intrepid Clare establishes a rapport with the man she believes is the criminals’ leader, and reluctantly finds herself under his protection...and falling hard for the enigmatic man.

Alpha-to-the-max Simon deVries sees right through his sexy captive’s attempt to seduce her way to freedom. So when their simmering attraction flares into true passion, it takes them both by surprise. Now he’s torn between completing his secret mission and letting her escape without telling her his true identity. He knows if he lets her go, he will be risking his career, his life...and his heart."


My Review: Wild Encounter grabs you and drags you in, at least it did me. It is filled with danger and attraction. I enjoyed the setting of the book and the way surprises kept coming. I did feel Clare kind of odd, one minute she is a helpless victim then the next she is strong and confident. I wasn't sure which is the act and which is who she is really suppose to be. But Simon was a clear cut and well thought out character you could rely on. The storyline was interesting, while you kind of expected certain events that are common in romance novels, there were also some unexpected surprises. It really read like a suspense/thriller with a splash of romance. I would love to have a little Novella to find out how everything ended up for not only Clare and Simon but also the wild dogs, and WildLyfe (the company Clare works for).
 
My Rating: I wasn't able to put this one down and couldn't wait to see what happened next even though some parts were predictable. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

2 comments:

  1. I love books that are so good you can't put them down. I'm glad this one was that way for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, time flies so fast and if it weren't for Munchkin I would probably read through meals.

      Delete