Friday, May 11, 2012

After Dark Review of One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)




Synopsis: "A handsome and reclusive horse breeder, Spencer Dumarque, the fourth Duke of Morland, is a member of the exclusive Stud Club, an organization so select it has only ten members—yet membership is attainable to anyone with luck. And Spencer has plenty of it, along with an obsession with a prize horse, a dark secret, and, now, a reputation as the dashing “Duke of Midnight.” Each evening he selects one lady for a breathtaking midnight waltz. But none of the women catch his interest, and nobody ever bests the duke—until Lady Amelia d’Orsay tries her luck.

In a moment of desperation, the unconventional beauty claims the duke’s dance and unwittingly steals his heart. When Amelia demands that Spencer forgive her scapegrace brother’s debts, she never imagines that her game of wits and words will lead to breathless passion and a steamy proposal. Still, Spencer is a man of mystery, perhaps connected to the shocking murder of the Stud Club’s founder. Will Amelia lose her heart in this reckless wager or win everlasting love?"


My Review: Tessa Dare is quickly becoming one of my favorite historical romance authors! I loved One Dance with a Duke! The characters and story line are fantastic. I absolutely love Amelia, gone from a quiet, near spinster on the outskirts of society to a bold, confident, demanding and outspoken woman. I love how she gives up waiting for things to happen and takes control of her life. Then there is Spencer *swoons* oh Spencer. A tough, cold and mysterious Duke that has so many secrets to be uncovered. Even the sub characters are much to be loved, Lily, Jack, Claudia, Rhys & even Bellamy add so much to the story. I can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy!

My Rating: I really didn't want to put this book down at any time and have already downloaded the second book in the trilogy so how can I give it any other rating than Four Paws?!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ... I don't normally read romances, but this grabs my attention.

    I wanted to let you know that I finally got around to reading If I Stay, the book you send me as a RAK in January. I wanted to thank you once again. I really liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed If I Stay, it was one of the favorites that I read last year!

      Delete