Tuesday, April 3, 2012

After Dark Review of Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)



Synopsis: "An ultimatum can break your heart....

Every night lead singer, Sed Lionheart whips thousands of women into a frenzy with his voice alone. But the stage is the only place Sed feels any passion since he lost Jessica...

If you’re not willing to break all the rules...

It shattered her heart, but law student Jessica broke off her engagement to Sed, determined to be successful on her own terms. But no other man can ever hold a candle to Sed...

Then a chance meeting and tortuously close quarters lead to uncontrollable flares of passion and rediscovery of their unique penchant for public encounters. Now, in addition to the risk of mutual heartbreak every time they get together, they’re in danger of truly scandalous public exposure..."


My Review: Well that was steamy! Sed & Jessica have a passionate and physical connection. I love Sed and even Jessica but definitely Sed. There are a lot of complicated emotions thrown in with this more erotica than romance book. I did enjoy some of the story though, it had a good message about not giving up on something just because it seems like everyone is against you. It also taught me (not that I needed the lesson, its more of common sense) don't do something in public you don't want the public to know or judge. But all in all it was the hot steamy book I was looking for to break up some of the more intense reading. As a final note, I cannot wait until the next book comes out, I already LOVE Jace!!


My Rating: It was a good book, but I was missing a little something I just can't put my finger on.  It was good enough for me to look forward to the next book though.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment