Thursday, April 5, 2012

After Dark Review of The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)





Synopsis: "A marriage in name only...

To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother—the powerful man who once shattered her heart.

Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he’s offers Alexa a bold proposition.

A marriage in name only with certain rules: Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?

Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans…"


My Review: So I was planning on this just being a little fluff read after some of the more thought involved reading I have finished recently, but boy was I wrong. I became way more invested in this book than I expected. I absolutely adore everything about Alexa, she is the perfect character. Nick while he isn't an ideal guy in my eyes, he has so much more depth then what you would expect in a short romance novel. Even the sub characters are fantastic, I really hope that Probst writes another book that involves Conte, I think I am in love!!! All in all a great read with plenty of laughs as well as emotional dips and peaks, it makes you keep turning the pages.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this one and flew through it so I have to give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment