Monday, October 24, 2011

Poetry Pause: If by Rudyard Kipling

I am working in the poetry section of my own 2011 Reading Challenge. I had planned on posting the poems for you to join me in reflecting on them; however, I am not entirely certain on the copyright laws regarding some of the poets we will read. So to be on the safe side I decided to try to link you to the poem I will be reading.

Another option, if you are looking to purchase a book of poetry, I suggest Half Hours with the Best Poets (Barnes & Noble or Amazon)





This is a fantastic collection of poems, nearly all of my top poems are in this one book!





So the next poem is
 
The title link with take you to the poem
 
 
 
A brilliant poem to give us all something to strive towards. If only we could take on every trait and strength mentioned by Rudyard Kipling. I really hope several graduations use this as their motto because there is a lot of wisdom that will be needed written here. I also think that as adults that are pushed around in the working world that we need to read this and remind ourselves what we should actually be striving for in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment