Thursday, October 27, 2011

After Dark Review of Taste Me by Tamara Hogan

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)



Synopsis: "He Wants Her So Badly He Can Taste It...

Ever since their tempestuous fling years ago, incubus Lukas Sebastiani has known that siren Scarlett Fontaine was meant to be his. But when you're a sex demon with an insatiable desire, relationships are way more than complicated...

Her Siren Songs Bring Men to Their Knees...

Rock star Scarlett Fontaine desperately needs a break after a grueling tour. But with murder and mayhem surrounding her band, and the one man she never thought to see again put to the task of protecting her, life is going to be anything but peaceful...

Every encounter between them creates more turmoil-and heat-until Scarlett pushes Lukas to the boiling point, and unleashes forces that go way beyond anything she can hope to control..."


My Review: So this one came on recommendation from my parents, apparently the author went to high school with my father and they ran into each other at a reunion. This one started off kind of slow and confusing. But once the council and the different species were explained to Bailey things became a lot more clear and you could really dive into the book head first. I loved the suspense and the danger in the books, you know how close the danger is but the characters don't and the feel of that tension is fantastic. I loved the idea of sirens, it was an interesting take on the paranormal. I didn't really get too attached to the characters but I was rooting for them, I do really like Rafe and hope he is in the next book! I also really liked how the sex scenes didn't take over the book or distract from the story line.


My Rating: I think this one earns a solid Three Paws and I look forward to reading the next book in the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment