Tuesday, October 11, 2011

After Dark Review of The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)


Synopsis: "Some things are so worth waiting for. Like the moment when Jessica Ward "accidentally" bumps into Bobby Ray Smith and shows him just how far she's come since high school. Back then, Jess' gangly limbs and bruised heart turned to jelly any time Smitty's "all the better to ravish you with" body came near her. So, some things haven't changed. Except now Jess is a success on her own terms. And she can enjoy a romp - or twenty - with a big, bad wolf and walk away. Easy.

The sexy, polished CEO who hires Smitty's security firm might be a million miles from the lovable geek he knew, but her kiss, her touch, is every bit as hot as he imagined. Jess was never the kind to ask for help, and she doesn't want it now, not even with someone targeting her Pack. But Smitty's not going to turn tail and run. Not before proving that their sheet-scorching animal lust is only the start of something even wilder..."


My Review: Sooo much better than the Pride #1 book! It felt like it had a much more developed plot and characters. I absolutely love Jess, she reminds me of the geeky girl I hide sometimes too. I love the whole Wild Dog pack, all the sub characters were fantastic. Bobby Ray is such a sweetie, though a little dense at times. I really can't wait to read the next ones in this series, I hope they bring in more of Smitty and Jess and I can't wait to see what happens with Mitch!        

My Rating: This was a fun one to read and I really couldn't put it down so it gets a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment