Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review of The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread

Synopsis: "The adventures of Desperaux Tilling, a small mouse of unusual talents, the princess that he loves, the servant girl who longs to be a princess, and a devious rat determined to bring them all to ruin."

My Review: This was a fun book to read. Even though there were dark parts and not so pleasant things happening, the narration was still kept light. I really like the story telling type voice that was used when Kate DiCamillo wrote this one. The story moved a long quickly and sucked you in; however for some reason I didn't really connect with any of the characters as strongly as I normally do. After finishing it though I did crave soup hahaha!

My Rating: I really enjoyed reading about Despereaux and think that it was written well for middle grade readers. Even adults can enjoy it.  So I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment