Friday, August 5, 2011

Bedtime Story: Flutterby



Synopsis from Goodreads: "Flutterby finds out what she is by painful trial and error."

My Review: This was one of my all time favorite books as a kid.  Of course anything to do with horses and ponies topped all my lists.  Poor Flutterby didn't know what she was and no one could tell her.  She tried to be an ant but got stuck in the hill, so she tried to be a bee but got stung and crushed the honeycomb, and then she tried to be a butterfly but couldn't float on a 'whisper of wind'.  Its a good think the old butterfly pointed out her reflection and told her "You are you. Just as I am me. {...} Nothing more, nothing less." He then helped her figure out what she should do, and she was to watch for the first signs of fall and warn all the animals of the forest.  Its a great lesson for kids to learn, that they don't need to be anyone else, just be themselves and they will find what they are good at.  Of course the illustrations are super cute, I absolutely adore Flutterby!

My Rating: Definitely a Four Paw book!

Good Night, Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment