Friday, July 1, 2011

Review of Aurelia by Anne Osterlund ~Spoiler Alert~


 Synopsis from Goodreads: "Princess Aurelia is next in line to rule the kingdom of Tyralt, but she would rather be one of the common folk, free to learn and roam and . . . not marry the next tyrannical prince that comes courting. Naturally, the king wants Aurelia to marry for political power. Aurelia wants to marry for love. And someone in the kingdom wants her . . . dead. Assigned to investigate and protect Aurelia is Robert, the son of the king's former royal spy and one of Aurelia's oldest friends. As Aurelia and Robert slowly uncover clues as to who is threatening her, their friendship turns to romance. With everything possible on the line her life, her kingdom, her heart Aurelia is forced to take matters into her own hands, no matter the cost."

My Review: I loved this book! The people seemed real, they had real reactions to events and made mistakes. I don't think everything was laid out as well as it could have been, but that could have been what Anne Osterlund was going for, the secrets of court life. I really fell in love with Aurelia, she is such a strong and gutsy character. I also really liked Robert, always thinking on his feet and never backs down from a challenge, what more could you ask for in a hero. Aurelia has so many twists and turns, you think you have it figured out but you really don't!
OK Here is the Spoiler so Avert your Eyes!!

Now I normally don't give spoilers in my reviews but I couldn't help this one! I absolutely love how Aurelia chose to be an exile not for Robert or for anyone else but for herself! I really, really must get my hands on book 2, Exile!


My Rating: Aurelia definitely deserves Four Paws. It probably could have used a little more filling out of the history and motives but the characters were easy to connect with.


2 comments:

  1. You've convinced me! It sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm glad I convinced you! I thought it was going to be a typical princess book but it wasn't! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete