Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
My Pick:
The Centaur's Daughter by Ellen Jensen Abbott
Release date of September 28, 2011
 
Now I haven't been able to track down a synopsis for this one yet but just the cover and title draws me in.  It is a sequel to Watersmeet Synopsis: "From her birth, Abisina has been outcast—for the color of her eyes and skin, and for her lack of a father. Only her mother’s status as the village healer has kept her safe. But when a mythic leader arrives, Abisina’s life is ripped apart. She escapes alone to try to find the father and the home she has never known. In a world of extremes, from the deepest prejudice to the greatest bonds of duty and loyalty, Abisina must find her own way and decide where her true hope lies."
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I will have a couple of book reviews coming up for you this afternoon too!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series but I agree I love the cover. The eyes really draw me in :)

    The synopsis for the first book sounds good. I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Neri @In The Name Of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to even reading a synopsis! I am not going to read the first book until I can get my paws on the second, because goodness knows it will drive me crazy until I can read it!

    ReplyDelete