Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review of Kade by Cheyenne McCray

Synopsis from Goodreads: "After a bitter divorce, reporter Kelsey Nichols has erected a border around her heart too strong for any man to cross. She's not ready for a relationship of any kind with any man. But when Kelsey meets Kade she can think of nothing but being in his powerful arms and in his bed.



Intelligence Agent Kade Owen is hot on the trail of a notorious smuggler when the sensual blonde reporter comes into his life. Once he gets a hold of Kelsey, nothing will stop Kade from winning her heart."


My Review: A great adventure filled with danger, betrayal, excitement, and romance! Granted it seemed kind of unreasonable that a woman fresh out of an abusive relationship would even put herself in this type of situation, but it was still a great book. I loved Kade, I mean really loved him, if I wasn't married already I would be heading to Arizona to find my own blue-eyed border patrol cowboy! Kelsey was a little wishy washy for me, she was up and down and didn't always stick by her guns, I think she could have been a great character but she just didn't hold up to the rest of the characters in the book. Kade isn't for the faint of heart there are adult scenes, gun fights and death just as a warning.
 
My Rating: It was a fun and exciting book to read. I give Kade Three Paws and a Stump Wag. I look forward to reading more of McCray's books!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Kelsey was a disappointment. I have such a hard time when I can't stand a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good thing I loved all the other characters, it made it easier to see past Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete