Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Reviews

Booking through Thursday is a weekly event hosted by Deb at BTT


This weeks Question is:
 
Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?

My Answer:
I never use to read book reviews but in the past 6 months or so since I started this blog I have started turning to other bloggers for their reviews. I have found some new and exciting books through those reviews.  I do know the types of books I like and though a review might be raving about a book if it doesn't seem like something I will enjoy, I will pass it up.  Also if I come across a review that has a book that I may not normally read but the reviewer and other commenter's have great things to say I will consider reading it. I have purchased and read several books based on other reviews, namely The Summer Series by Jenny Han and If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

How about you? Do reviews affect your reading?

3 comments:

  1. I've also found that since I started my blog I read more reviews than I used to.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sally & Faith for stopping by and sharing. I think we all rely more on each other for book references than anything!

    ReplyDelete