Thursday, December 8, 2022

Advent Reads Day 8: Christmas Joy by Nancy Naigle

   Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!



Synopsis:  "A heartwarming Christmas story about family, friendship and finding love in unexpected places.

Joy Holbrook might be all work and no play, but that changes when her Aunt Ruby takes a fall that lands her in a rehabilitation center before the holidays. Joy takes a leave of absence from her job as a market researcher to run the family farm, even though the timing may hinder her chance at garnering the promotion of her dreams.

Ben Andrews isn’t your average accountant. He also happens to be the handiest man in Crystal Falls. He’s helped his elderly neighbor, Ruby Johnson, decorate for the annual Christmas Home Tour—and win—the last several years. He’s not about to let some drop-in niece break their winning streak.

Ruby seems overly concerned about Joy being able to handle Molly. Under the impression she’s referring Molly the bunny that is one of the menagerie of animals, Joy’s not worried at all until the next morning when a little girl named Molly shows up. For the sake of her aunt, Joy is forced to partner with Ben while Ruby is on the mend to help with preparation for the Christmas tour and, in the process finds her career-focused heart dreaming of a family.

Will the magic of Christmas help her to open her heart and find her everlasting joy?"

My Review: Like Debbie Macomber, Nancy Naigle has come to mean Christmas and this one definitely captures all the things you get from a Hallmark Movie, small town setting, interesting cast of characters, loads of emotions, some healing of hearts and a good dose of romance. This one was a bit heavy handed, almost a bit too much feel good spirit going around, so if Hallmark isn't your thing at Christmas, maybe pick a different book, but if you want all those feelings and over the top Christmas spirit oozing with romance this is the book for you.

My Rating: I don't usually say this but it might have been a bit much for me, but that could just be my mood this year. I more than likely would have gushed over this one last year.  As of right now I give it a rating of Three Paws but might try again when things are looking a bit more chipper.






No comments:

Post a Comment