Saturday, January 1, 2022

December 2021 Wrap Up

I didn't think I would make it to here many times throughout this month! I have been at home with a quarantined kid since December 8th working from home, then he tested positive and got pretty sick for a few days there. The debate about hosting Christmas or not, ending up hosting, trying to keep it as low key and stress free as possible but demanding family not allowing for it. All that and I still managed to work every day and post my advent reads posts every day! That was exhausting and miserable and something I don't care to repeat, though I did love sharing all the fun holiday books I came across this last year.

We will start with my main challenge this year . . .

TBR Books Read:
I definitely did not do a great job on this challenge this month focusing more on new books than these older TBR books. 
 


I am going to spend today sorting through my shelves and taking a really hard look at the books on my TBR list and which ones aren't as appealing to me anymore. Lets see if I can get that TBR just a bit more before setting my reading goals for 2022.







2021 Books added to TBR & Read:
Again, I didn't get quite as many new books read as I wanted to but looking back at the month, I feel like I did a good job of still getting 4 of them read.

 
 




Other Recent Additions:
I definitely added far more books this month than I intended but when you add together the annual local author event, Christmas gifts/gift cards and the Barnes & Noble 50% off sale, I don't think I did too bad.  Looking back, I am pretty sure I kept under the number of books that I wanted to add this year and I managed to keep all the unread ones on one shelf, meeting all my goals!
 
 
 
 
 
  




In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads: - COMPETE-
Goal: Re-read 15 books
I have continued really enjoying re-reading old favorites and diving back into worlds I loved years ago. I will definitely be continuing to re-read more often!
None this month


Borrowed Books: - COMPLETE-
Goal: Borrow 30 books


Books Over 500 Pages: - COMPLETE-
Goal: 10 books
None this month but sitting at 15 total for the year so I am really happy but hoping to squeeze in one or two more before the end of the year.



Requested Reviews: 
 Reading Stats:
I read a total of 12books this last month satisfying all things considered.


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I didn't managed to read the amount of books that I hoped for this month but by the end of today I will have removed enough from my TBR so I am calling it a win. - CHECK
2. Re-Read More: I didn't manage to re-read any books this month despite my best plans but I am definitely thrilled with how this year has gone and I can't wait to add more re-reading in the next year. - :/
3. Purchase Less & Read More: Not quite reaching my goals for this one but I guess it will have to do for now, and as expected for the crazy December month. - CHECK
4. Keep Trying New Genres/Authors: I definitely tried a lot more unique books this month, different genres than usual. - CHECK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your December was so crappy. I hope your son is feeling better now and that the craziness has died down. Good luck with culling your TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, he made a full recovery and is back to school! Momma definitely needs a break to focus on only one job at a time! The cull is going well, I am working on compiling the full TBR list and it looks so much smaller than last year so far! Hope you have a great reading year!

      Delete