Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Advent Reads Day 8: The Christmas Club by Barbara Hinske

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!



Synopsis: "Verna Lind expects Christmas of 1952 to be the best holiday she’s had since the war ended. But as she’s leaving the bank, a frigid wind off Lake Erie catches her hard-earned Christmas club savings, whisking the bills into the busy streets of downtown Cleveland and devastating her plans. Strangers come to her aid, though no one anticipates the power of their chance encounter or the seeds of happiness Verna’s lost money will sow."

My Review: I was looking for a quick holiday read while my son had a lesson when I found this one, I had no idea what I was getting into with it! This might end up being my favorite holiday read of this year! This book does jump around a bit as it follows how different characters react and use found money during the holiday season. It has such heartwarming moments that are exactly what I want to read during the busy Christmas season, and wish I saw more on a day to day basis. It restores a bit of your faith in people after trying to get through the busy stores and being stuck in awful traffic. As an added bonus it also has a touch of romance to sweeten the deal. This was a super quick read, I would recommend it for a drive with family when traveling to holiday gatherings, a bit of a reminder what the season is really about.

My Rating: I absolutely loved this book and will forever recommend it to everyone looking for a great holiday read! I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!



2 comments:

  1. I kinda want to read this just to see what happened to her money. I feel like it is lost forever, but then there wouldn't be story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick it up, it was such a great (and short) story!

      Delete