Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Advent Reads Day 21: Cocoa & Carols by Marianne Rice

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!



Synopsis: "Finishing up his patrol as the sun sets on Thanksgiving Day, officer Patrick Johnson stumbles across a woman and her dog sleeping in her car. She refuses to go to a shelter and masks her dire condition, but the Johnson manners run deep and he finds himself inviting the stranger to his parents' Thanksgiving dinner. Before the meal is over his heart grows soft for her and her scruffy dog.

Trying to make ends meet as an understudy in the local play isn't enough to keep Jocelyn fed and a roof over her head. She doesn't like handouts but the police officer with shoulders that could compete with Captain America and the kindest eyes she'd ever seen leaves her no choice but to go with him to his family's home. She's instantly greeted with warmth from his parents, brother, and sisters, and before the meal is over, she believes in miracles. Their newfound friendship turns quickly to something more, only Jocelyn doesn't plan on staying in Maine for very long. Her lifelong dream is to star on Broadway and Patrick has no desire to leave his small town. Will her dreams and his stubbornness get in the way of their relationship? They'll need a Christmas miracle to help them find their happily ever after."

My Review: I read this book very early in the season but it still really stands out to me. It was a pretty short and easy to read holiday romance that gives you all the feels. I would recommend reading the first book in the series as there are a lot of side characters that pop up in it (big family, small town). I loved the premise of the story about a police officer just going above and beyond to care for those in his community. I, of course, loved the big family and they way they can be overwhelming but also so full of love. If you are looking for that clean, sweet hallmark movie feeling, definitely give this one a try.

My Rating: I admit that this book might seem a bit familiar, as does every Hallmark movie, but honestly sometimes that is what you need, something that doesn't take all the brain power to follow but that you can still sink into and feel cozy. This book gives you all of that, I give it a rating of Four Paws.





2 comments:

  1. It is true, sometimes I just want a light fluffy read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when the schedule is so jam packed! Just a nice little feel good book is perfect.

      Delete