Monday, August 16, 2021

Mystery Monday: Review of Murder's No Votive Confidence by Christin Brecher

 

Read for: Cozy Mystery/ Recently Added/ Audio Book

Synopsis: "Nantucket candle store owner Stella Wright specializes in creating unique candles for every occasion. But someone sets the stage for murder when a Memorial Day celebration becomes a wedding to die for...

Jessica Sterling’s candlelight-themed nuptial promises to be the perfect kick-off to the summer’s first official holiday weekend. Stella’s thrilled to have been chosen to provide the decorative centerpiece for the wedding ceremony: a two-foot, tall scented unity candle—a symbol of the happy couple’s love. But it looks like the bride-to-be’s uncle won’t be walking his niece down the aisle after he’s found dead. The murder weapon is Stella’s seemingly indestructible candle, now split in two.

When a beloved local bartender is arrested, Stella’s sure a visiting police Captain running the case made a rush to justice. With superstitious brides-to-be cancelling orders and sales waxing and waning at her store, the Wick & Flame owner decides to do some sleuthing of her own. Abetted by a charming reporter and challenged by the town’s sexiest cop, Stella’s determined to shine a light on the truth and uncover a killer who’s snuffing out her own flame."

My Review: I am constantly on the hunt for new to me Cozy Mystery series to sink my teeth into and I may have found it with this one. I really enjoyed the main character, Stella, while she doesn't always make the best decisions, she is still a character you can really get behind. I also really loved the small town, island town setting where there is a lot of turn over of tourists to keep it from getting to stagnant (and can lead to a nice long series). This story was also really intriguing with a lot of twists and turns to keep you guessing and wondering where the story is going to lead you. I can't wait to get into the next book in the series and follow this as they come out!

My Rating: I loved that the setting of this book is so close by me, it was easy to picture. I also really enjoyed the characters, not just the main character. It was a fun story to read and kept me engaged throughout the book. I give this one a rating of Four Paws and can't wait to keep going with this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment