Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Top 5 Wednesday: Furry Friends

 Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads.


I am very thankful that a user on Goodreads by the name Gabriella has taken over hosting and selecting topics for Top 5 Wednesday and has revived the group, I am loving the new topics.

This week's Top 5 Wednesday topic is one of my favorites, furry friends and side kicks.  I know I have done this topic before so I tried to focus on more recent reads.  There are so many great animals in books, especially when I prefer books with animals in them. So here are some of the furry critters (and not so furry critters) that really stand out to me and are completely memorable.


Nana is the best cat ever, so loyal to his human! 


Now this book has a wealth of furry friends, from a dog in a wheelchair to an iguana, an elderly dog and most importantly, Ike, the foul-mouthed parrot. He added so much to this book and had me laughing until I was crying!


I love Small in this book, he may not have much of an active roll but he is just this fantastic comforting, loyal presence throughout the book and is the linchpin in some of my favorite scenes.


Now this one is a bit different, I don't even know if it really qualifies but the ship in Binti is awesome and unique.  It is actually a living thing and has emotions and is caring and even reproduces throughout the series of novellas. 


The Faithful and the Fallen series has some really great animals but I want my own Storm! She is huge and dangerous but so loyal to her 'pack'. 




There are just a few of my favorite furry friends and side kicks from recent reads.  There are so many other fantastic animals in books and I know I am probably forgetting some but these are the ones that really stood out to me and came to my mind first. 


What are some of your favorite animal friends from books?



No comments:

Post a Comment