Thursday, July 2, 2020

June 2020 Wrap Up & July TBR

We are now officially half way through the year, and good lordy what a year it has been so far. I could really use a little let up. June ended up kind of all over the place. I ended up mood reading more this month than in the past.  I pretty much dropped my TBR in favor of all romance all month long.  I needed something a little lighter and always with a happy ending for a bit. I am so far behind on my Requested Reviews and ARCs though, I am really going to have to focus on that in July. 

First and foremost is my only actual challenge for the  year . . .

TBR Books from the Past 3 Years:
I only read 1 book off the TBR list from the last 3 years.




I also read 3 books off my older TBR (not included in the last 3 years of hauls):

 




2020 Books added to TBR & Read:
Since I am also limiting my book purchases this year and trying to keep up with reading them, I figured I better add a section to show you the new additions I have read.  I actually read a lot more new releases this month than usual but it was nice to read so many of my new additions instead of just adding them to the massive TBR count.
 
 
 





June Additions:
So I have clearly been completely failing at the whole buying only 1 book per week thing, but you know what, it was my anniversary this month and it was an emotional rollercoaster, so I am giving myself a little slack with a push to start getting back on track next month.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yeah, see things got a little out of hand this month.  3 of these books were gifts and 2 more have been read.  The one good thing about all these new books is that most of them will be pretty quick reads.



In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:
None


Borrowed Books:


Books Over 500 Pages:
None


Requested Reviews:
Banned Book Club  (Netgalley)


January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 18 books this month
2,281 pages read and 3 days, 11 hours and 53 minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I am still not even close to hitting my target for the past 3 years of hauls, but that said I did do a bit of an unhaul of some of my shelves and removed 5 TBR books. - :(
2. Purchase Less Books:Last year I had purchased 22 books in June, this year it was 19. Less, definitely, 1 book a week? Definitely not. I still want to get the incoming books to be lower! - CHECK
3. Read Big Books:Even though I had best intentions to read 2 big books in June, the month had other plans for me. I do feel like I am ready to tackle a few in July though. - :(
4. Interact: Again, another month of barely keeping up with real life has led to much less online interactions. - :/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With having most of my June TBR tossed to the wind, I was a little hesitant about doing a TBR for July. But I know there are books I need to focus on, mostly books for upcoming tours and releases.  So here is a very tentative TBR for July.

For TBR List
The Mum Who'd Had Enough
A Heart of Blood and Ash
The Phoenix Empress
The Summer Dragon
Books 1-4 of The Great Library Series
Homicide in Hardcover
Life on the Leash
Kill the Farm Boy
No Country for Old Gnomes
How is everyone doing? Are you escaping into books or having a hard time fitting it into your new schedules?

No comments:

Post a Comment