Sunday, May 31, 2020

May 2020 Challenge Wrap Up & June TBR

I spent most of this month listening to audio books, if I couldn't get a copy of a book from audible or the library Overdrive app, I really wasn't able to read it.  With that said, I did manage a lot more reading this last month than I had expected. I am hoping for an even better June since my schedule will be returning to something a little closer to normal. Audio books will still probably rule the day because I am now going to have an additional hour in the car each day traveling from and to Munchkin's summer care location. But enough about that, on to the books I read in May!

First and foremost is my only actual challenge for the  year . . .

TBR Books from the Past 3 Years:
I only read 1 book off the TBR list from the last 3 years, but it was a big one!

 


I also read 1 book off my older TBR (not included in the last 3 years of hauls):






2020 Books added to TBR & Read:
Since I am also limiting my book purchases this year and trying to keep up with reading them, I figured I better add a section to show you the new additions I have read.  I actually read a lot more new releases this month than usual but it was nice to read so many of my new additions instead of just adding them to the massive TBR count.
  
  
 




May Additions:
I am one of the few people in the world who is thankful for some release dates getting pushed back, because otherwise this list would have been a lot worse than it already is, but luckily I have been relatively on top of reading these books.  I also picked up some books I have previously read to add to my physical shelves.
  
  
  

  
So of all those new books on my shelf, 2 were belated birthday gifts and 5 have already been read and 3 are top priorities for June, so I am pretty happy with only 7 being added to the TBR (soon to be only 4)


In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .

Re-Reads:


Borrowed Books:


Books Over 500 Pages:


Requested Reviews:
Stealing Thunder (Direct/Netgalley)
Beachside Beginnings (Pump Up Your Book)
Of Literature and Lattes (Netgalley)
Forte (Netgalley)


January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 18 books this month
________ pages read and ____ days, ____ hours and _____ minute of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I definitely didn't hit my goal of reading 8-9 off my existing TBR, this was definitely a month for new books and re-reads. But I am okay with that. - :(
2. Purchase Less Books:I definitely did better than I have in previous years, partly due to release dates being pushed and partly because I have just been so darn busy I can't even find the time to go book shopping. But last year I purchased 34 books in May and the previous year it was 25, so this year's 12 is a pretty big success for me! - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: I read 2 books over 500 pages, not quite as many as I had hoped but I am still pretty thrilled, especially since Wrath was over 700! - CHECK 
4. Interact: Again, another month of barely keeping up with real life has led to much less online interactions, but I have been trying to keep up with at least story posts on Instagram and a few messages back and forth on there. - :/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't quite conquer my May TBR so some of that has been pushed to June, I also have some books that have just been calling my name on my shelf, and of course the summer reading mood is hitting full swing, so once again this TBR is starting to get out of control a bit.

For TBR List
Uncommon Type
Queen's Peril
The Girl and the Stars
Network Effect
Books 3-5 Treading Water Series
Beefcakes
The Mum Who'd Had Enough
I Needed a Viking
Beach Read
The World According to Star Wars
Get a Life, Chloe Brown
Undercover Bromance
A Heart of Blood and Ash
The Phoenix Empress
The Summer Dragon
How is everyone doing? Are you escaping into books or having a hard time fitting it into your new schedules?

No comments:

Post a Comment