Sunday, August 18, 2019

Bout of Books #26 Sign Up and Updates

Time again for my favorite readathon! I love how Bout of Books stretches throughout the whole week and allows for me to work it around my schedule.

Here is the information you need in case you want to sign up too!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 26 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

  


So this post is going to be my base for the week, I will continue to come back and update it each day with my progress (as I already have a lot of posts planned for this week and don't want things too jumbled up).  I will also be updating on Instagram @EasternSunset9



Time Devoted to Reading
I would like to read between 3-4 hours each day and read about 200 pages each day.

  

My Goals
Read a total of 1,200 pages
Read at least 3 hours each day
Read a total of 4 books
Read/Finish 1-2 Requested Review Books


Books to Read
Girl the Sea Gave Back -  336 pages
The Truth About Cowboys - 352 pages
Save the Sea - 300 Pages
Pirates Price - 225 pages
Clue by Clue - 144 pages


Other Possible Books
Viper - 400 pages
Kingdom of Exiles - 438 pages
Treasure Island - 259 pages
Misfits of Avalon Vol. 1 - 176 pages
Holy Sister - 353 pages
Red Thorn Vol. 1 - 112 pages


Updates:


Monday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 204
Total Number of Pages: 204
Time Spent Reading Today: 2.75 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 3 (Storyteller, To Build a Fire, Give Me Back My Bones)
Books Completed: 2 (To Build a Fire, Give Me Back My Bones)
Thoughts: Not a great start to my week and I ended up altering my TBR slightly because I didn't get quite as much reading done over the weekend as I would have liked. Oh well, I will continue at it.

Tuesday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 276
Total Number of Pages: 480
Time Spent Reading Today: 3.5 hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 5 (Read today: Storyteller, BookCharmer & Lando's Luck)
Books Completed: 2 (To Build a Fire, Give Me Back My Bones)
Thoughts: Did a little better reading today but having trouble focusing on books, first off Munchkin is at work with me all week because camp is over and school doesn't start for 2 more weeks; and second, the air conditioner at the office is broken and it is so hard to concentrate when it is so hot and stuffy.  With that said, I am enjoying a couple of the books but really, really struggling with Book Charmer, I may have to consider DNFing it.

   Wednesday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 323
Total Number of Pages: 803
Time Spent Reading Today: 4.5 Hours
Total Number of Books I've Read: 6 (Read today: Storyteller & Treasure Island)
Books Completed: 3 (To Build a Fire, Give Me Back My Bones, Treasure Island)
Thoughts: I did decide to DNF Book Charmer and moved on to a fresh book. I re-started and finished Treasure Island. I was about to give up on that one as well because I wasn't into reading print and the Audible dramatization was just awful, but I decided to return the audible one and pick a new narrator and that was perfect! Now I really need to get going on Save the Sea, Lando's Luck and finish Storyteller!



Thursday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 
Total Number of Pages: 
Time Spent Reading Today: 
Total Number of Books I've Read: 
Books Completed: 
Thoughts: 

Friday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 
Total Number of Pages: 
Time Spent Reading Today:
Total Number of Books I've Read: 
Books Completed:
Thoughts: 


Saturday & Sunday
Number of Pages I've Read Today: 
Total Number of Pages: 
Time Spent Reading Today:
Total Number of Books I've Read: 
Books Completed:
Thoughts: 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges:

I don't often participate in the challenges but if I do they will be posted here.








No comments:

Post a Comment