Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 2019 Challenge Update & August TBR

Here we are, heading into August already! Even though I am behind on some challenges and way ahead on others, I am pretty happy with where I am in reading this month.  I think it has a lot to do with knocking down my TBR shelves a bit. I didn't pick up as many books this month, only 10 and of those I have read or unhauled half of them.  I have decided that I really need to stop getting book boxes, they are rather pricey and lately I haven't been interested in most of the items and only a few of the books. Time to kick the FOMO in the butt and just move on to books I really want to read.  My Goal for this month is to read most of the books I pick up in addition to books on my TBR.


Children's Books
30-40 books

Early Reader Books
30-40 books
None

Graphic Novel
25 books
Audio Book Challenge
50 books - (Caffinated Reader hosted)

Classic Books
5 books
None (DNFed The Alchemist)

Big Books
10 books over 500 pages
None

RI Authors
20 books
None


Borrowed Books
30-40 books
19. Princeless Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself
20. Pirate Puppies: Stowaway


Re-Reads 
15 books
NONE


Beat the Backlist
75 books - (Novelknight hosted) - only using books I already own
18. Nate the Great and the Missing Key
19. Pagan the Black


The Never Ending Series
Warland Chronicles: Book1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4,


Requested Reviews
No more than 25 new acceptances (& catch up on old requests)
17. Spin the Dawn (Netgalley)
18. Window on the Bay (Netgalley)
19. Unbreak Me (Penguin First to Read)


Recently Added to Shelves
Limited purchases (must total less than 200) and read soon
1. Dragon of Ash & Stars - (Jan./ Jan.) DNF
2. The Snow Gypsy (Jan./ )
3. Book Nerds & Boyfriends (Jan./Feb. ) *
4. WarDance (Jan/ )
5. Warsong (Jan./ )
6. The Only Harmless Great Thing (Jan/Jan.)
7. Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego (Jan./ Jan.)
8. Lost Boy (Jan/July)
9. Year One (Jan/ )
10. Girl Who Drank the Moon (Jan/ )
11. King of Scars (Jan/ )
12. Dactyl Hill Squad (Feb./)
13. The Darkdeep  (Feb./)
14. Voices (Feb./Feb.) 
15. Wicked King (Feb./March) 
16. Lord of the Fading Lands (Feb./)
17. Crown of Feathers (Feb./)
18. Argos: The Story of Odysseus as told by his Loyal Dog (Feb./)
19. 100 Hugs (Feb./ Feb.) 
20. Binti 2: Home (Feb./March)
23. Binti 3: Night Masquerade (Feb./March) 
24. Artificial Condition (Feb./March)
25. Rogue Protocol (Feb./March)
26. Trial of Lightening  (Feb./ May) 
27. The Last (Endling) (Feb./March)
28. Aquicorn Cove (Feb./Feb.) 
29. Thick as Thieves (Feb./ Feb.)
30. Aru Shah and the End of Time (March/) - DNF
31. Foundryside (March/ April)
32. Wundersmith (March/) - UNHAUL 
33. City of Ghosts (March/March) 
34. Saga Vol. 8 (March/ April)
35. Saga Vol. 9 (March/April)
36. Warrior of the Wild (March/March)
37. Book Love (March/March)
38. Queen's Shadow (March/March) 
39. A Curse So Dark and Lonely (March/May) 
40. Shadow of Doubt (March/)
41. Gates of Stone (March/)
42. In Her Sights (March/April)
43. Nevermoor (March/May)  
44. A Conspiracy of Truths 
(March/)
45. The Wild Robot (March/March)  
46. The Resurrectionist (March/) 
47. Viper (April/)
48. Vortex Visions (April/) 
49. Through the White Wood (April/)
50. Descendant of the Crane (April/)
51. The Princess and the Fangirl (April/April)
52. Holy Sister (April/)
53. Rhapsodic (April/May) 
54. A Strange Hymn (April/May) 
55. The Emperor of Evening Stars (April/June)
56. Dark Harmony (April/)
57. The Black Bull of Norroway (April/May) 
58. We Rule the Night (April/) - UNHAUL
59. The Unbound Empire (April/)
60. The Opposite of Always (May/) - UNHAUL
61. The Sea Queen(May/)
62. The Mountain of Kept Memory(May/)
63. Metamorphica (May/)
64. Misfits of Avalon Vol. 1 (May/)
65. Misfits of Avalon Vol. 2 (May/)
66. The Sea King (May/)
67. Ride Hard (May/)
68. Ride Rough (May/)
69. Ride Wild (May/)
70. Irresistible Force (May/June)
71. Force of Attraction (May/)
72. Primal Force (May/)
73. Rival Forces (May/)
74. A Rogue by Any Other Name (May/)
75. A Scot in the Dark (May/)
76. The Day of the Duchess (May/)
77. The Pirate Bride (May/)
78. Pirate Stories (May/July) 
79. Man Made Boy (May/)
80. This Monstrous Thing (May/)
81. The Case of the Missing Moonstone (May/June) 
82. Dear Santa (May/)
83. An Endless Christmas (May/)
84. Christmas Magic (May/)
85. Falling Softly (May/)
86. Christmas Town (May/)
87. The Christmas Star (May/) 
88. Crazy Rich Asians (May/June) 
89 Once and Future (May/June)
90. Highland Crown (May/) - DNF/UNHAUL
91. Her Royal Highness (May/May) 
92. Things My Son Needs to Know About the World (May/May) 
93. Seal's Honor (May/May) 
94. Gris Grimly's Frankenstein (June/)
95. The Case of the Counterfeit Criminals (June/) - UNHAUL
96. The Case of the Perilous Palace (June/) - UNHAUL
97. The Strange Case of the Alchemists Daughter (June/)
98. The Beholder (June/) - UNHAUL
99. Lovestruck (June/) - UNHAUL
100. We Hunt the Flame (June/)
101. Romanov (June/)
102. Dark Shores (June/ June)
103. Dreaming the Bear (June/)
104. A New Hope (June/)
105. The Trial of Joan of Arc (June/) - DNF
106. Midsummer's Mayhem (June/July)
107. Monsters (June/)
108. The Monsters We Deserve (June/)
109. Strange Star (June/)
110. Hephaistos: God of Fire (June/July)
111. Ghostly Tales from the Lost Summer of 1816 (June/)
112. Till There was You (June/July)
113. Sea Sirens (June/June)
114. The Bride Test (June/)
115. The Kingdom (June/July)
116. Storm and Fury (July/)
117. Queen of Ruin (July/July)
118. Stepsister (July/)
119. The Lost Vintage (July/) - UNHAUL
120. Becoming the Dark Prince (July/July)
121. Kingdom of Exiles (July/)
122. The Beckoning Shadow (July/) - UNHAUL
123. The Thankful Unicorn (July/)
124. Star Wars: Pirate Price (July/)
125. Spin the Dawn (July/July)


January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 19 books this month
3,059 pages read and 1 day, 2 hours and 40 minute of listening



Resolutions Check in:
1. Borrow More Books: I borrowed a couple of books this month and I have a big stack on hold for next month. - CHECK
2. Purchase Less Books: Last July I purchased 14 books and this month I purchased 10, so I am moving in the right direction - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: I did not read a big book this month, I had plans to but a slight reading slump at the end of the month put a bit of a dent in that plan. I have picked up a chunky book but I haven't finished it yet. - :(
4. Re-Read More: I have picked up a re-read but I haven't finished yet. I am hoping this will help with my reading slump -  :(
5. Put Less Pressure and Stress on Myself: I don't know how but I have kept up pretty good this month with every thing that has been going on.  I don't know if it is just because this is the only thing I can control right now but I am keeping on track for the most part and I don't think that is stressing me out too much - CHECK



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Guess what month it is coming up?! ARRG-ust! Time for all the pirate books! I have read a few over the past couple of months but now it is really time to kick things into full swing.  I will of course be reading a bunch of pirate books but I will also be reading some others for both reviews and fun to break things up.


For fun
Holy Sister
The Pirate Bride
Misfits of Avalon Vol. 1 and Vol. 2
Treasure Island
Pirate's Price
Valor
The Storyteller
Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Pirates
Compass South
Escape the Sea
Viper
Five Years Gone

and for requested reviews
Realm
The Book Charmer
Red Dove, Listen to the Wind
The Truth About Cowboys
Don't Let the Beasties Escape this Book
Bloom
One Year Home


So how are your challenges going? Are you behind on a few like me? Or are you right on track or even a little ahead of the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment