Saturday, June 29, 2019

Medieval-a-thon Sign Up

Have you heard about the Medieval Readathon Holly Hearts Books has set up?! You can find out all the details on her Instagram post




Welcome to Medieval-a-thon! 🛡 Who says Summer is for contemporary?! Nay I say! You’ve been invited to a month long ceremony beginning the first day of July where all will be decided where you stand! 🛡 Swipe to see the second image. The more you read the higher your nobility ranking. Read 1 book and be a lowly peasant working in the fields as a farmer. Read 6 books and become a king or queen to rule your own kingdom! Show your peers chivalry and honor and be rewarded with a lower TBR number! 🛡 Swipe to see the third and fourth images. Here you will build your armour set! All of these prompts are optional. If you want to run around nakey in the world by all means, go ahead. Just try to avoid the local guards. But if you want to protect yourself against your enemies, you should probably get yourself armor and some weapons. Hack, slash, and wack your way through July. 🛡 Want more details and specifics on the prompts? Be sure to watch my YouTube video where I run through them all, give advice, and prepare you for battle! Link is in my bio! 🛡 Be sure to use #medievalathon in your relevant posts so I can take a peek at what you’re reading and how your journey is coming along! Tag some friends below who you think may want to join the guild and share this with your fellow book warriors! 🛡 Also a huge thank you to Kat from @katsreadingcorner for helping me with some of these prompts! • • • #ilovereading #ilovebooks #booknerd #booknerdigans #bookish #bookaholic #booklover #bibliophile #bookstagrammer #bookstagram #bookobsessed #bookworm #read #reader #reading #bookblogger #booklife #readathon #medievalathon
A post shared by Holly 💛 Hufflepuff 🎥 YouTuber (@hollyheartsbooks) on


Due to my recent reading slow down (not a slump just a slow down), I decided it was time to hunt down a good readathon to kick things back into gear.  When I came across this readathon I knew I had to join.  It is set up with level up rankings and add on clothing and weapons with challenges. 


So for a brief over view the levels are:
1 book - Peasant
2 books - Squire
3 books - Knight
4 book - Count/Countess
5 book - Prince/ Princess
6 books - King/Queen

Then you can clothe yourself with challenges:
Crown - Book where they characters fight for a throne
Helmet - Book with a Dragon on the Cover
Breastplate - Book with a Shiny Cover
Leggings - Thick paperback book
Boots - A book that has yellowed over time
Cloak - Red on the cover/dust jacket

And also get weapons with more challenges:
Sword - Book with something pointy on the cover
Double Daggers - Book with assassins
Bow and Arrow - Book with Elves
Battle Axe - Book with Mercenaries 


The best part about this readathon is that you can pick books in your genre and it lasts for a full month from July 1st through July 31st.



So I figured I would go for full Queen with a full suit of armor (because I have no desire to run around nakey).  I might also arm myself to the teeth! Here are the books I plan to read for this readathon, it is subject to my whims (because I will be queen).

The Storm Crow - 352 pages - For My Crown

The Beholder - 435 pages - For My Breastplate

Valor - 680 pages - For My Leggings

Trial of Joan of Arc (Published 1956) - 173 pages - For My Boots

Pirate Stories - 160 pages - For My Cloak


Lost Boy - 292 pages - For my Sword

 
Calen the Emerald (re-read) & Carne the Ruby - For My Bow & Arrow

Holy Sister - 353 pages - For My Battle Axe and/or Double Daggers



Well, that looks like a really fun reading list for this month! Thank goodness I can start soon because I am really excited to get going! I will of course be updating on my Instagram throughout the month.  Are you joining? What would be your weapon of choice?



1 comment: