Saturday, May 25, 2019

Graphic Novel Review of The Black Bull of Norroway by Cat Seaton & Illustrated by Kit Seaton

Read for: Graphic Novel/ Recently Added

Synopsis: "Sibylla always wanted adventure, but she didn't know it would come in the form of a giant, magical bull. Is he a man or a monster? And who knew a prophecy could be so literal? 

Based on the classic Scottish fairy tale, this is the first title in a new series co-created by sibling writer/artist team CAT SEATON and KIT SEATON, begins the adventure of a lifetime."

My Review: I received this book in a subscription box, so while I knew nothing about it, I was very intrigued. I really enjoy the artwork and colors in this, they really add to the story. I don't know if this is based on a myth or if it is a retelling or maybe a branch off series, but we are kind of dumped into the story and fed little tidbits throughout the book but for the most part are left a little lost. Maybe if you are familiar with whatever original work this is based on, you will be able to follow the story a little better. Even though I was often confused as to what was going on, I did get the basics and I did really enjoy the characters and what development there is. I am curious and will most likely pick up the next in the series in hopes it builds a little more and the world and backstory become a little more clear.

My Rating: I really loved the artwork in this one even though the story was a little disjointed and confusing, I still give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.  I do look forward to the next volume to see if it clears anything up.

No comments:

Post a Comment