Friday, January 25, 2019

Bedtime Story: RI Author Feature of Aine's Winter Walk by Ana S. Coffey & Gregory Coffey

Read for: RI Authors & Children's Book Challenge

Synopsis: "Join Aine on a wintry woodland adventure as she makes new friends, learns new things, and traces her path back to the greatest place of all ... home. This beautifully illustrated book features animal friends, colors, and memory elements to inspire early readers."

My Review: I picked this book up at a local author function, I was really attracted by the art style of the book. I kept waiting for the perfect time to read it with Munchkin but he ended up growing up too fast (doesn't that always happen), so I read it with one of my nieces. This story seems to take some inspiration for Going on a Bear Hunt, as Aine travels through the woods following a little red bird, she comes across various features and animals. It is a simple story, perfect for young readers, it does a great job of introducing colors and the names are written in the color as well to help make that connection. The illustrations are beautiful and soft with a pretty watercolor like effect. This is a great winter bedtime story to read with little ones.

My Rating: I wish I had read this with Munchkin right away when I had picked it up, I think it would have become one of his favorite books. I love the illustration style and the animals. The story is simple and soothing, perfect for bedtime.  I give it rating of Four Paws!



Ana S. Coffey is one of my local authors here in Rhode Island and the first to be featured in my RI author series for 2019 (in place of the RI Author Month).  


You can find out more about Ana S. Coffey and her book on her Website.

You can also purchase Aine's Winter Walk for yourself or a little one in your life at Amazon or Barnes & Noble or you can ask for your favorite independent bookstore to obtain a copy for you.



Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. The art looks cute. I wonder if our library has this. We have enjoyed a lot of the picture books you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cute, maybe Gizmo would enjoy it. If your library doesn't have it let me know and I would be happy to loan you our copy!

      Delete