Saturday, October 13, 2018

Graphic Novel Review of Monstress Vol. 3: Haven by Marjorie M. Liu

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge



Synopsis: "Maika has spent most of her life learning how to fight, but how will she fare when the only way to save her life...is to make friends?"

My Review: I have been following this series since it began, I have been drawn in by the beautiful and detailed art and some really unique characters. With each progressive volume I have fallen more and more out of love with it. There is a lot that happens and multiple story arcs to keep track of and I have found it really difficult to do so. I still love the art and I still love several of the characters, I just am really struggling to follow the story. I think I will give it one more go with the release next year and do a re-read of all the previous releases leading up to it, hoping that it will help me understand the full scope of the story.

My Rating: I really just want to follow Ren & Kipa they are the characters I enjoy most while reading, Maika just has too much going on. I give this one a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

3 comments:

  1. That’s too bad that it’s so confusing. I’ve had that happed and it’s not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy it and sometimes it makes sense, but then things get a little weird, it is just really difficult to follow. It really is a shame because the art is so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. goldcoders hyip template

    ReplyDelete