Friday, September 21, 2018

Early Reader Bedtime Story: What is a Wookie? by Laura Buller

Read for: Early Reader Challenge

Synopsis: "Describes various non-human characters from the "Star Wars" universe, including C3PO, Dexter Jettster, pit droids, and Ewoks."

My Review: Munchkin and I picked this book out at the library, figuring a level 1 book is great for him and he loves Star Wars particularly Chewie. Turns out this really isn't a book about wookies, but about a bunch of the different species you meet in the series from Episode I through Episode VI. It was also a lot more difficult than most Level 1 books, Munchkin can usually read those on his own, this one however had a lot of text with small images and a quite a few difficult words (I would say this would be more of a later Level 2 or even Level 3 book). It was fun having seeing a lot of the alien races and learning a bit about what makes them unique but the title was rather a poor representation of what the book contained.

My Rating: This book was a bit of a disappointment all around for Munchkin and myself, I think if the title had been different and set more appropriate expectations, it wouldn't have been so disappointing.  We give it a rating of Two Paws.


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment