Sunday, July 15, 2018

Tome Topple Readathon Wrap Up

I have been participating in the Tome Topple Readathon that was hosted as a Goodreads Group.  It was a 2 week challenge from the June 29th through July 13th, and your goal was to read books over 500 pages. You can see my original sign up post HERE.


 So I had a pretty ambitious TBR pile for the challenge but I did really accomplish a lot of reading these two weeks and completed 3 books and managed to complete all of the challenges!


So here are the books I actually read and finished:
Crooked Kingdom - 536 pages (part of a series)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret - 530 pages  (as close to a graphic as I could get)



Tiger's Daughter - 526 pages (Adult & buddy read)


In addition to those books I also read several other shorter novels in between to break things up. I really struggled with Crooked Kingdom and am glad I was forced to put a time limit on it.  I enjoyed The Invention of Hugo Cabret more than I ever expected and Tiger's Daughter completely blew me away!  I do wish I could have gotten to Grace of Kings, especially since it has been on my TBR a few times and I have even started it but put it down a couple of times.

I have to say, this is one of my favorite readathons, it is nice and long to allow for varying reading speeds and it pushes you to pick up these big books that have been put off, but can turn out to be great books that you love!

Did you participate? What book did you read? How was your reading experience?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! These big books can be overwhelming. I’m impressed you managed three! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be so intimidating sitting there on the shelves but so far some of my top books of the year have been over 500 pages, so I think I need to stop being so scared of them and just dive in!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Crooked kingdom was over 500 pgs. It's been my TBR for a while. I LOVED Hugo Cabret. The movie is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least my copy was just over 500 pages. I had no idea that Hugo Cabret was a movie, I also saw a few pictures of matching books, I didn't realize there were more books either.

      Delete