Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Review of Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart

Read for: Requested Review & Received it in a Subscription Box

Synopsis: "In a world where women have no rights, sisters Serina and Nomi Tessaro face two very different fates: one in the palace, the other in prison.

Serina has been groomed her whole life to become a Grace--someone to stand by the heir to the throne as a shining, subjugated example of the perfect woman. But when her headstrong and rebellious younger sister, Nomi, catches the heir's eye, it's Serina who takes the fall for the dangerous secret that Nomi has been hiding.

Now trapped in a life she never wanted, Nomi has only one way to save Serina: surrender to her role as a Grace until she can use her position to release her sister. This is easier said than done. A traitor walks the halls of the palace, and deception lurks in every corner. But Serina is running out of time, imprisoned on an island where she must fight to the death to survive and one wrong move could cost her everything."

My Review:  When I first started reading this book it was giving me vibes like a combination of The Selection Series and Hunger Games all rolled into one with a good dose of Frozen too. I love that while there are romance undertones in this story, it doesn't over take the love Serina & Nomi have for each other. I also like how each sister is forced to understand each other's views and lives, I think it really allows for a lot of character development. While I did see the twist coming for Nomi, I wasn't sure where it would lead, so it definitely kept the pages turning. I will say though that I wasn't aware that this was going to be part of a series and the cliffhanger ending left me out of sorts (but I guess that is a good thing and what Banghart was striving for).

My Rating: If you like seeing the ladies making a stand against oppression, definitely pick this one up. I completely consumed this book in only a couple of sittings, it was so hard to put down. It is a fast read with an interesting world and some really great character development. I give it a rating of Four Paws!


I received this book via Netgalley, the above is my honest review and opinion.


You can find out more about Tracy Banghart and her books on her Goodreads Page or Blog.

Grace and Fury is scheduled to release on July 31st but you can pre-order your copy in print or digital format from Amazon or Barnes & Noble or ask your favorite book store to get a copy for you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this one and was wondering about it. Glad you liked it. I’ll have to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try, I think you will really enjoy it. Unfortunately, I believe this cover was a special edition but you might be able to find it.

      Delete