Saturday, June 30, 2018

Tome Topple Readathon Sign Up & Updates

I have been waiting for the Tome Topple Readathon/ Challenge to come around again! I have a bunch of chunky books on my TBR this year and I have been pushing some of the ones over 500 pages off for far too long!

By the time the post goes up, the readathon will have already started, I will hopefully have finished Hugo Cabret and be well into Crooked Kingdom.  I will then pick up Grace of Kings or Tiger's Daughter depending on if I can find anyone to buddy read with me.

 I discovered the Tome Topple Challenge through Sam at Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube and the Readathon is hosted as a Goodreads Group. The goal for this challenge is to tackle the Tomes on your shelf, books over 500 pages.  There are a few challenges to help you along, but are not a requirement.  Those challenges are A) read 2 or more tomes, B) read a Graphic Novel, C) buddy read a tome, D) read a tome that is part of a series, and E) read an adult tome. The readathon takes place from June 29th through July 13th.    (There is also a photo challenge this time around on Instagram, check it out @ThoughtsonTomes)

I will try to post updated at the bottom of this post every few days but I will also be posting on Instagram @EasternSunset9



So here is my Tomes to be Toppled:

Crooked Kingdom - 536 pages (part of a series)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret - 530 pages  (as close to a graphic as I could get)

Grace of Kings - 623 pages (adult & possibly buddy read)

Tiger's Daughter - 526 pages (Adult & possibly buddy read)




Are you participating in the Tome Topple? If yes what are you reading? If not what would be your tome choice? What chunky book do you find intimidating?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Updates:

2 comments:

  1. Lately I find all chunky books intimidating. Good luck! It looks like you’ve chosen some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually really proud of myself for pushing to read more chunky books and it has gotten easier and easier with each one. Now I need to start pushing for more chunky books in the adult books.

      Delete